View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
Belegorn
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belegorn has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbenprincess View Post
When Glorfindel was reincarnated it is said that he become almost the equal of the maia.

Then it is said that Galadriel was

Is Glorfindel included in the "elves that remained" or is he a special case, cause his power increased.

I know that´s the old boring power debate, but today I´m somehow interested in that and would like to know what you think about that.
Glorfindel died before the end of the First Age. Elves like Galadriel chose not to return. Galadriel had no equal in Middle-earth among the Elves. The only one who was her equal was Feanor and he was said to be the ultimate Elf. Also from Morgoth's Ring it is said the reborn, "are stronger, having greater mastery of their bodies and being more patient of griefs." [p. 222] Even so Feanor was said to be the greatest of all the Children of Illuvatar and Galadriel of all the others was on par with him. There are few instances of Elves taking on the Ainur, but there are none who're their equals though Gil-galad beat Sauron.