View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Coppermirror stood thinking near the village centre for some time, eyes averted from the grisly sight in the fountain. At least among the crowd, it was possible to feel a semblance of safety, however shaky. "Alas, poor Kath. Her words were true. There is no protection for us, but for the plan she brought."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Well, anyway, if the wolves didn't know who the others were, then we might have an advantage if we acted wolvishly just to derail them from their real target of finding out their mates.
I wonder about how good that idea is...

Advantages:
- We could prevent the wolves from having any real data to go on. Usually, an information blocking strategy like this would only hurt the village, but the wolves need information too.
- As long as the wolves don't have sound information to go on, they might kill a wolf in the Night.

Disadvantages:
- There'd be little basis for today's lynching target. Albeit it's rare to have solid info on Day 1 anyway.
- The rest of us will also lack information going into Day 2. On the other hand, unless the wolves found each other last Night, there would be little info we could guess from their Day 1 behaviour anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Then again it would be that the most vocal players might be more the targets than they normally are (which isn't a low probability either) as it goes with the wolves' "popular vote" unassisted by strategical considerations... which gamewise could be bad.
Sorry Nog, I didn't understand this paragraph. Why is it that the most vocal players would be more of a target using the "everyone acts wolvish" strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva View Post
Working together to find the wolves seemed folly; it would only lead to more death when the wolves were aware of the individual villagers' plans. She had been planning to save herself at any cost, and seeing the mangled body in the fountain solidified her conviction.

"Do as you all will," she announced. "Save yourselves, and your families if you must. Trust no one whom you do not know better than your brother. Loose lips shall be the death of us all. We are alone. There is nobody from outside to help us through the wilderness, so those who plan to flee shall have no guide. I shed no tears over Kath, for though she was a brave woman, I have no compassion to spare."
Miss MCR, I understand your worry completely. We can trust no-one. But we must all work together to find the wolves, nonetheless.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote