View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #15
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm View Post
Saruman was making rings of his own. Of course I do not know what goes into making a ring (one day....) but I know that Sauron imbued his ring with a greater part of his own power. Before I would say that Saruman lost his power to his ring, I would think that the original ring makers wouldn't sacrifice their own power for a ring for someone else, would they? So, on one hand a ring requires power and on the other, no? Of course, this may have little to do with Saruman being able to defend himself, besides, he was still wearing the ring.
I don't really think the ring worn by Saruman as described by Gandalf to the Council of Elrond was of any note. At best, it may have been one of the "lesser" works of the Mirdain of Eregion which Saruman had come by. At any rate the Council apparently didn't think much of it. It received no further mention. And if it was significant, one would think that either Gandalf would have paid it more attention, or Saruman would have been seen wearing it again after Gandalf's escape from Orthanc.