View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #1172
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Mithalwen, this is a superb remembrance. Reading it, I felt like I was still there trouping all over the south of England with you, and doing iconic Tolkienista things with Poison Ivy and you.

I had sent about four text messages and still have no idea why they didn't go through. Then, when the kind gentleman offered to call you, I was first relieved and then suspicious that he now has your cell number. (North American hangover) However, we did connect and I had pillows galore and Lush bath bombs galore and orc bubbles galore and a great many laughs. Who could have guessed that the Dead would enjoy meeting DLF so much and so often?

We had a great many good aventures (and anyone from RotR will remember what that means) together and I can only say thank you greatly for a wonderful time. There is always the reciprocal arrangement of you and Poison Ivy coming here, you know. Less chance of DLF but we could search out the only known Viking landfall in North America . . . .

This trip marks my meeting thirty Downers this year. Yes, thirty, in one year, and 11 for the first time. I don't think even Estelyn can top that! Must return later with my full reminiscences . . . .

Last edited by Bęthberry; 08-28-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: opps
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote