View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #114
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I DON'T GET IT
Alqualonde

I'm not sure how to spin this one at all. Possibly someone just getting rid of a card to get a new one.

HUMOROUS CONTRADICTIONS
Mumakil
Morgoth
Fellbeast
The Wacher in the Water
Smaug
Goblin-town

These are all along the same lines, so one simply must decide which does it the best. For my money a nasty Fellbeast or Watcher beats out Mumakil and Goblin-town, and the tentacles and watery quality of the watcher I think trumps Fellbeast. Morgoth is funny in the same way Smaug is (they'd both be terribly insulted), but I find Morgoth funnier given his status as supreme villain.

ANOMALY
The One Ring

We find people stroking the Ring and calling it "precious", so it nearly fits despite the fact that it totally isn't cuddly. The fact that it works as both serious and humorous makes this selection interesting.

HUMOROUS ABSURD
Orome
Gimli
Celeborn

These would depend on the possibility of one of them simply striking you as stupid/funny (in RL I imagine I would select one of these). The great and powerful warrior Orome as "cuddly" is worth a giggle, the overshadowed Celeborn viewed as a cuddle-toy for his powerful wife gets a giggle, and the little bearded guy with a big axe being picked up and hugged definitely makes me grin.

CONCLUSION

TOSS OUT
Alqualonde
Mumakil
Smaug
Goblin-town
Fellbeast

CONTENDERS
Morgoth- The mocking selection.
Watcher- The contradictory selection.
One Ring- The interesting selection.
Orome
Gimli
Celeborn- The in-the-moment silly selections.