View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Relax. This tale was doing the rounds at Comic-Con. Jackson has already filmed more material than he needs and he has said it is really good material. He was asked about whether they would stretch it into three shorter films but he said it would be used on the DVD release to create extended editions.

To go back and film whole new chunks from the Appendices would require re-hiring people, not least actors with other commitments, all over again and getting the filming infrastructure set up again.

It's possible that some media outlets are keeping the story alive in order to see what the reception for such a film might be, but hopefully, it's just that some of them haven't properly caught up with the geek news from Comic-Con. I'm a bit tired with this stretching of material which might already be weak. The final Harry Potter novel could take it as they are books generally packed with incident and detail. In fact I wish some of the other books had been divided between two films. However The Hunger Games novels cannot handle it, and as for Breaking Dawn, the only splitting that should have happened to that book was to rip it into little pieces and bury it (I thought the Twilight books were enjoyable teen escapism until that one, which was like really bad fan fiction).