View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #3740
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Folwren is right. If there is no justification, no inkling of rectitude to be found in the rebellion at all, then Eodwine will simply support his lord, and that's that. And that would be boring, to me. If, however, there was something justifiable in the rebels' motivations, even in their own minds, then there might/would be contention between A & E. The greater the seeming justification, the greater the confrontation, even to the point of being open before the folk of Scarburg. That would not be boring to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
But if that is about the scenario we'll start building I'd suggest we make the rebels do something relatively serious as otherwise it might be a real pain to write Athanar demanding law and order in the face of probably quite righteous claims of the rebels
That's exactly what I was talking about - only adding the other dimension of the scene. So there has to be a decent justification on the rebels' part (which should not be hard to come by), but there should also be some drastic action on their behalf so that it is not easy to take "your side".

I'd hope to find a storyline where anyone of us as ourselves, the writers, would honestly find it hard to say what is right or wrong - then we should adopt positions to our characters and see what comes out of it.

That would be challenging and interesting at the same time. If one of the sides is clearly right and the other wrong there is nothing interesting to write for.

I have a few preliminary ideas about the lords but let me think about them & check a few "facts" before coming open with them for you to have your say, hopefully tomorrow...