View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #3715
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay.

I'm building up a sit around at the lord's table before the next meal hoping as many contributors to this thread would be able to participate as possible.

It may take place (RL) this week, next week, two weeks from now, a month from now... however busy the other storylines are. There's no hurry.

I can send PM's to Legate, Durelin and Mnemosyne to call them to read what is going on. Legate probably reads it quite soon, about Durelin or Mnemosyne I wouldn't be that optimist.

Then who'd wish to take Scyrr? I think it would be good for someone who is a long time writer of the Mead Hall, like lmp or Folwren (or anyone who has written things about Scyrr) to take him and to feel him. Basically he has been a loyal soldier of Athanar - and a good and trusted one - and then one of these people affiliating himself to the "original Mead Hall" had tried to kill him - and ran away. Scyrr understandably was not happy with it, not to mention he is a bit rash and proud in the first place.

But would it be time to partly overcome "the parties" here in general? So someone of the "old Mead Hall" -writers could be writing for the newcomer-characters as well (not those who have "just arrived", but those who belong to Athanar's retinue) and the newer writers could take an older characters long away or not mentioned?

The latter case of course is a more subtle one as there are some issues with characters written years ago by someone, like Degas whose place it would be in the table as there is this discussion about Scyrr, but if Fëa is not attending, then why write him there anyway as that is a major character?

But we could invent some of these older character, or rather pick on those who are just named like years ago but not actually played by anyone. We do have a host of characters inactive right now if we just look at all the characters that are named or written about.

What do you think?