View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 01:41 AM   #5
Túroch
Wight

Túroch has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Be careful who you ask this question too. I could give you a huge amount of good books to read. My favortie fantasy book of all is of course LOTR, however here are my other favs:

2: The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle (This book stands on its own to feet. It is definately no cheap clone of tolkien. I'd heavly recomend it to anyone. It has a very lyrical style and is a joy to read)

3: The Black Company by Glenn Cook (This isn't your normal fantasy. There are no dwarves, elves or any other races just men. It is a very medevil type fantasy, with some really GOOD plots. Not a lot of description, but the way he writes it pans out.)

4:The Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis (Since this has already been mentioned I wont say too much except it is a great read)

5: The Diskworld Series by Terry Prattchet (Not series fantasy but a great read and is absolutely hilarious)

6: The Redwall Series by Brian Jaques (A great series. Just because it has talking animals doesn't make it a child story. I'm in college and it is still great)

Well I could give ya more but i've got to go. C ya.
For the valour of the Edain the Elves shall ever remember as the ages lengthen, marvelling that they gave life so freely of which thay had on earth so little. But it is not for thy valour only that I send thee, but to bring into the world a hope beyond thy sight, and a light that shall pierce the darkness." Ulmo - Lord of waters
Túroch is offline   Reply With Quote