View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
Alfirin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alfirin has been trapped in the Barrow!
I think Saruman mat have offered the Orcs something they valued far more that precios metals.......food. Remember the Uruk-hai's battle cry that mentions that the White hand "gives us man's flesh to eat". This is regarded as a postive by the orcs. It is quite possible that Orcs love the taste of human flesh, prizing it above all other foods. If they do it is likey all Saruman would have to promise them was that if they served him, he would give them weaponry that would allow them to kill many men, and give them ample opportunity to feast, not just on men but, as the force trampled through Rohan proper and began to assault towns possibly on women and "tender young children". And that this could keep going almost indefinitely, a long pork feast that would never have to end. With further gourmet delights down the road (I'm sure that, if Orcs eat people, some of the Uruk-Hai (I single them out because they are impled as being not merely bigger than the common orcs but more intellegent) might be curious if elf and dwarf are tasty as well, and want to find out.
Alfirin is offline   Reply With Quote