View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #20
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by note on the wall
Unbeknownst to most of you, a small portion of the group has been planted to ensure that the people meeting with the expert are worthy of being involved in the upcoming discussion. They will privately converse from time to time and inform SS and their staff of their findings to recommend removal of certain attendees from the guest list. Some of the more astute or suspicious members of the group may notice this and try to change the others’ recommendations or even reveal their plans to the rest of the group.
Okay. Queueing to meet this famous Tolkien -expert and some people wish to block the entry for some of us? On which grounds are some of us deemed "worthy" or "not worthy" then?

Should we just call for the removal of all the serious Tolkien cognoscenti then as they are the only ones I could think would qualify as the gatekeepers on this kind of an issue...

But - and here's actually a more serious question - the rules say that this small secret group will recommend the removal of some of us to SS (and "staff"???), and then that we can try to change the "others' recommendations" if we are astute or suspicious enough. So what does this actually mean?

Turning it to a werewolf-vocabulary: are there independent Day-Night sequences where vote-kills and lupine-kills follow each other or are there only vote-kills?

"Changing the recommendations" sounds like we have a say over the secret society as what they do is to give "recommendations". Or am I reading too much into this?

I mean I'm a bit confused about all the new rules - or especially all this "watch your cell-phone" or "follow me upon Twitter" -stuff etc. Like I'm not sure which is for the game itself and it's mechanics and what is just for fun.

Well, it probably clears out, but if SS would like to shed some light I'd appreciate.

On a third note, I'm in the middle of a huge essay-reading period ending on Monday-evening so my participation might be more or less erratic before that.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote