View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #211
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Boro - of course it's not remotely like a seer lynch, and the outcome of lynching Bom wasn't any worse than any D1 where we don't catch a wolf. But after Lommy, Legate and Nog had gone to some length exhorting us all to make meaningful and accountable votes, I find it, shall we say ironic or hypocritical?, that all three of them ended up making a vote of which Legate said himself that it wouldn't tell us anything. (I'm willing to excuse Lommy, as she was under threat of lynch herself and voting to save herself, but Legate and Nog not so much.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Pitchwife - At the same time under my radar and somehow - off focus? That's an odd word, but he seems kind of confused and sharp at the same time.
Bingo. I'm being a bit distracted by RL affairs and having difficulty focussing on the game as I'd like to... but thanks for the "sharp".

Eönwë's analysis of evil!Nogrod as the orchestrator of the Bomwagon would be a lot more convincing if he hadn't voted Bom himself, dropping all his prior suspicions; pointing the finger at Nog now and saying "He made me do it!" is a bit rich, isn't it? I was rather suspicious of Nog myself early in the Day, but this actually makes me doubt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
And what seems most likely to me is that either one of his fellows was getting attacked, or those being suspected were playing suspiciously enough for him to want to 'save them for later' when it would be harder to get an easy lynch. So I'm not sure how suspicious this makes Lommy.
You do realize that Lommy is not the only one who was getting votes at the time the Bomwagon took off, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
Next, Pitch himself.
Considering that early yesterDay he seemed simply careful about not getting too deeply involved anywhere, and that he started seeming more and more evil as the Day progressed
You don't mean more and more evil as I suspected you more and more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Now this might initially make both Zil and Boro look better as they were Rikae's stated suspicions, but unlike someone said just a moment ago, that isn't a big credit for either of them because Rikae would have been a bit foolish if she had said whom she is hunting as that is actually making her gift void and null.
I don't think so. The benefit of a logical hunter is not only that no innocents get killed if the hunter dies, but also that if the hunter dies alone and we can figure out who she hunted, we have a known innocent. That in mind, I'd actually expect a hunter of Rikae's format to leave a cleverly disguised hint about her target that we can figure out with hindsight.