View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 05:13 AM   #852
Galadriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
My defence of Jon Snow has probably become a bit of a joke by now, but honestly I've never seen him as a pathetic/confused/whiny character. He knows what he wants, and he knows he can get it. He's the kind of person who prefers to do things by himself because that's the only way he can be sure they are done well. He thinks outside the box. The only thing he lacks is a simultaneous interpreter who could explain to others why Jon Snow's reasoning is sound, and that's why he lands into trouble every now and then.
I never stated that he was pathetic or whiny. Just confused. I'm not blaming him, since Hell, come on, he's a fourteen (now fifteen?) year old boy who was shoved into a crazy leadership position in one of the toughest climates (if not THE toughest climate) in the Seven Kingdoms. His decisions were not easy, and I doubt I could have done better. He does, however, become colder than I'd like, and that's why I see a slow downward spiral in his humanity. I feel he's ultimately emotional, though, and he'll snap out of it. (If ADWD was just a shocker and nothing more).

IMO he lands into trouble because he's young - that's all.