View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #1224
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“Once, she got Lord Eodwine to loan her his horse for a race that I could've sworn he planned to ride in himself. She wouldn't settle for one of the hall horses – she had to have the best one in the stable. I still don't know how she did it.”

Quin’s eyes opened wide. “He lent her his horse for a race?” he repeated. In Rohan, a man’s horse was more to him than just a beast of burden. Eorlingas cared for and loved their horses. There were close and personal friendships between man and beast, and for the eorl of the hall to give his horse to a woman to ride in his place was something Quin had never imagined possible. It certainly said something about her ‘womanly wiles’, as Léof so aptly put it and it made Quin admire her more, though it did not lend him courage to go ask her for the next dance.

The musicians began to play another lively, exciting tune that fairly pulled the people back out to dance. Quin shot a glance around the room. “There is Kara, yet unasked, I shall-” he stopped short even as he rose, and watched as another rider offered his hand to Kara. Léof laughed at the consternation on Quin’s face.

“Never mind,” Quin said, half crossly. “I shall go and seek out Tyrdda. I haven’t seen her in the hall since they were serving dinner, so I doubt she has a partner.”