View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #15
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Also, the imagery here is superb. As has been mentioned, the visualization of the empty, yet enduring halls of Vinyamar is compelling. The sound of the waves, the sunlight streaming in, and the sense of wholesomeness mixed with intrigue: where had the Noldor there gone? Tuor would find out rather soon.
Speaking of imagery, not only in the physical landscape, but the imagery provided by the various types of birds stirs beautiful imagery. The great seagulls, the swans of the Teleri, and the Eagles circling, guarding the Sirion from Orcs. And I believe there is a great statue of Thorondor in Gondolin.

It reminded me of a statue I recently saw visiting Salem, MA outside a courthouse. Large golden eagle, wings spread, which made me wonder about symbolisms of eagles. Quite majestic, royal, the lions of the sky?