View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 01:20 AM   #296
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The imbalance was actually why I proposed my plan the way I did- basically telling the KD to out himself to the Forge. The way I saw it, from the get-go the village was extremely likely to win (EXTREMELY), but my plan opened up at least the possibility of a disaster-

If the Forge managed to make it through 2 days of not being lynched, the game was theirs I thought. Make a lynch, nightkill, make a lynch, then kill the KD which would also slay the SH (I'm assuming the Watch-dwarf would've already protected the KD the night before- I actually had a way to ensure it but didn't have time to enact it before I left Day 1 **), plus have one person drop out of the game (I assumed from the start that at least one person would drop out or be modfired for non-participation).

Then bang, game over if I'm not mistaken- particularly if they could do a late ambush at the deadline Day 2 to force a double-lynch (with retractables it was a very real option). That was the only way I saw that the baddies could win (other than the KD not trying at all to lynch his partners, which was entirely unlikely). By forcing the KD to reveal early I figured it would mean the SH would for certain choose the KD and open up the double-kill possibility for the Forge and also reveal the KD to the Forge immediately.

Anyway, sorry if you were offended by my Day 1 play, but that was the best way I could think of to tweak the heavily weighted contest.

And indeed things could have gone quite differently if not for the Bom fenris job on Day 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I have to say, Pitch's trilogy-hinting was very clever
Yes, the first time I saw it I skipped right over it, but on reread- "Waaaaaait a minute...."

But of course my favorite bit of hinting he did was telling me exactly who he was in his opening post (here). I knew it was possible it was a Forge trick only claiming to be "Galin" to distract the Sweetheart or gain followers, but his actions backed up his claim.

---------
**My way of getting the Watchdwarf to protect the KD Night 1 & not Night 2 was going to be to say, "Watchdwarf- assume whatever name you receive tonight is the KD. Then you'll know who he is. Then the next night he will send his Sweetheart that hopefully has found him. If not, the name will be at least another innocent, which will turn you into a Seer" (similar to Eruhen's suggestion). But in my haste to depart for home I completely spaced voicing that aspect (but then I also saw at that point that it was unlikely my plan would be adopted, so perhaps that's partly why it didn't occur to me).

Last edited by the phantom; 08-20-2011 at 02:26 AM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote