View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #295
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I think that's a risk of experimental games - Nerwen is right, Pitch was pretty much invincible, but I know you didn't intend it that way. Hey, at least I got to send in a night-kill pick of myself, which is kind of cool.

I suppose (if anyone wants to try this again) not having the SH as well as not revealing the traitor's role on death would help balance things.
Or letting the KD ask for protection for himself, or making survival his personal winning condition, or having an extra evil role outside the pack whose identity he wouldn't know– perhaps a cobbler of some description... yes, there are a lot of ways this could be fixed. Or perhaps having an alternative way of enforcing the rules– as a general thing, I'm thinking that a way of dealing with the multiple-role super-gifteds that tend to crop up in experimental games would be secretly to remove some of their powers.

As I said already, I think the problem was that nobody, including the moddess, saw the full implications of the way the roles worked until it was too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
At any rate, I'd like to point out that although the village won, Pitch didn't, and considering that he didn't exactly abide by the spirit of the rules I'm rather proud of helping to ensure that. No hard feelings, Pitch, but you know it's true.
What annoys me most is that, even as the game was meant to function, the rules tended to favour the village anyway– and that for some reason this wasn't *good* enough for Pitch and phantom. Not only that, but simple chance had already been on Pitch's side: because Rikae forgot the game had started, and my computer had broken down, he got to be the only experienced player around on Night One– so there was was no strategy talk and no advice on surviving for the wolf-cubs. Now, obviously, that's just something that happened– but my point is that it's one thing to push the boundaries when the situation is heavily against you, quite another when everything is going your way anyway. Finally, if everything is going your way, and you do choose to push the boundaries, I think it behoves you to show some humility about it. I'm serious, Pitch– I'm really not happy about all that dripping sarcasm towards us on Day Two. It wasn't like you were a real Seer who had earned your knowledge through dream-choices– you'd just been handed it. That's nothing to gloat about.