View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #268
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Rikae: Day 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Um, because I'm one of the three people he named?
This was in response to Pitch referencing her earlier remark about "knowing" McCaber wasn't the KD. Why would that prove it? Because McCaber could be seen as following the tp plan?

Quote:
Well, duh. I didn't say "I can prove he isn't"... I can by dying, of course, and it will give me more time for WoW, too.
Actually I can't even say "I know he isn't" since I suppose it is possible the KD could deliberately try to lead the village astray, but I don't consider that too terribly likely (although on second thought it could help win the trust of his fellow wolves and keep him alive longer, too).
This was also in response to Pitch, who'd said this.

Obviously, she could not have known McCaber to be the KD, even if he was in the pack with her. Now she backs off, but at the same time talks of a KD strategy to deceive the wolves.

Quote:
Anyway - I'm terribly sorry I didn't vote or participate much yesterDay - I hadn't checked when the DL was and was distracted by RL - but I'll try to do better from here on. I do think we can learn something from Bom's posts. Can we be sure he wasn't the KD? I don't think our moddess ever answered the question about the KD's role being revealed, right? That wouldput Phantom and Cabbie in a bad light (fake KD bluff attempt?) and whoever went after Bom, while a truly evil Bom would do the opposite.
We know now, of course, that Bom was not the KD.

Quote:
I didn't think Bom got the inside joke, though, Cab - he seemed to read something else into it (or want others to, anyway).
McCaber was talking of Bom, saying he had "leaned on" me for not "catching an inside joke". I don't remember what that was even about.

Quote:
Not so... she said:

So Bom was not the KD, but none of the narrations will be from the KD's perspective from now on, and we (and the forge members) won't know if he dies.
Not caught up, still reading...
A response to Finduilas, who had said careful reading of the narration could still give the observant info on whether the KD had died.

Quote:
This is exactly what I would say as a wolf if I felt the intelligence of the wolves had been insulted (and yes, I'm going to keep calling them wolves - they are wolves in spirit).

I don't have much to go on at this point, but I would like to say that I don't think the case against G55 based on her vote yesterDay is a good one at all - if anything, it was a vote and an argument unlikely to come from an actual wolf. As for her defense of me, I don't think Pitch was making a case at that time and I kind of don't think she thought so either...

Does anyone else find a certain person's musings on literature to be - interesting? I think tp may be quite right with his wolf-on-wolf argument.
The first part was responding to Sally's take on the aforementioned comment by Finduilas. Sally had said that if the good side could figure the narration out, so could the Forgers.

Rikae defends G55, and strangely casts doubt over something I considered a damning bit of evidence against the latter, the overreaction against Pitch's nonexistent "case" on her.

As for the "literature" remark, that was the subject of an interesting back and forth between Rikae, Boro, and tp.

Quote:
Yes, tp, I think it's misleading and I consider it unlikely that it's only partially so.

Pitch, when I say I don't think she thought so, that is exactly what I mean... not that she didn't say so. I don't trust you for obvious reasons, therefore I'm rather inclined to trust her.
Doesn't trust Pitch, but does trust G55?

Quote:
G55, you do realize being lynched by day is no longer much help, right? Or is it?
After G55's self vote, the same post in which G55 said Pitch and tp were evil.

Quote:
And yes, Boro, I do think it's suspicious when I see someone reacting as I would as a wolf, especially if it's someone that shares relevant personality traits. Is that so strange?
That was to Boro, who'd said he didn't like her saying Sally was talking as she would if she was a wolf.

Quote:
Is that the best you can do?

++Pitch
And a vote for Pitch, who had just indicated he had no idea what tp was talking about here I guess, though Pitch didn't quote.

Quote:
Don't you think it's strange that someone hasn't been modfired?
Well, what to say about that?

Quote:
I suppose the fact that this person does not deserve modfiring would be pretty good evidence that this person is not what he hints at being...
I really don't know quite what to make of the last few posts, except that the situation for the Forgers is too precarious for them to have used a kill on her without a very good reason.