View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #140
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Pitchie's case against Rikae feels a bit... fabricated.
That's not a case (yet), it's a question. And perhaps a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Well, duh. I didn't say "I can prove he isn't"... I can by dying, of course, and it will give me more time for WoW, too.
Actually I can't even say "I know he isn't" since I suppose it is possible the KD could deliberately try to lead the village astray, but I don't consider that too terribly likely (although on second thought it could help win the trust of his fellow wolves and keep him alive longer, too).
Exactly. Not that I consider it terribly likely either, but I'm glad you got my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I do think we can learn something from Bom's posts. Can we be sure he wasn't the KD? I don't think our moddess ever answered the question about the KD's role being revealed, right? That wouldput Phantom and Cabbie in a bad light (fake KD bluff attempt?) and whoever went after Bom, while a truly evil Bom would do the opposite.
I'd love to know for sure, well, how much we know. Moddess?

Foley
's last word on the Admin thread was we'd know when the KD died. If she's changed her mind about that, it would be fair to let everybody know.

And about Bom-as-KD specifically: I know it's considered bad form to try and draw conclusions from the narration, but -
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterDay's narration
The dwarves reached out and took hold of Bom, dragging him down from where he stood by the loud dwarf, and taking him to the center of the village. They were a blood thirsty and frightened group and no one was there that knew better or who could hold them back. The members of the Forge stayed quiet, and Galin Ironfist remained silent, too, for this was the beginning of his victory.
[...]
Galin alone stood waiting until the street was clear. Then he approached and took the head by the beard and laid it by the body. He drew his dagger and cut away the cloth of Bom’s shirt by his shoulder and pulled it back, revealing the brand of the Valley Forge.
I like to think such a diligent writer as our Moddess would have phrased this differently if Bom himself had been the KD.

But supposing for the sake of argument he was, did he leave any hints about his role?

EDIT: x-ed with Mith, whose cyber sheepdog Nogrod totally cracked me up. I love you!

Last edited by Pitchwife; 08-16-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote