View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #92
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I can empathize with people being exasperated with tp, but even if I'm not 100 % sold on his plan, I have an idea why he's doing what he's doing, and I'm for now inclined to think his reasons are innocent; so I won't be voting him toDay. (As to his vote for me, I take that as a placeholder; we have retractables, remember?)

Why I'm not sold on his plan yet: OK, the hints the KD can give to the NWD will be sketchy, but if nothing else, he can get himself (and thus indirectly the Sweetheart) protected at least twice, forcing the Forgers to pick another victim, and thus slightly increasing the chance that they hit the Sweetheart directly, giving him a revenge kill. In this case, he'll die as well, but we'll be spared wasting a lynch on him and can concentrate on lynching the Forgers. Also, there's these secrets about the KD and Sweetheart that Foley's been talking about and which could be for our benefit (as wilwa and G55 have pointed out).

tp's plan, on the other hand, has the charm of being straight and simple and avoiding the chances of multiple/revenge kills backfiring. Still, I'd prefer to lynch a Forger toDay if we can and give the Sweetheart at least one Night to find the KD.

Oh and Mith, not that Jon Snow. This one.
(Btw, ever wondered why the trilogy format is so popular in fantasy? Yes, Tolkien, I know, but there's four winds, four seasons, Four Branches of the Mabinogi...)