View Single Post
Old 07-01-2002, 05:30 PM   #219
Feanaro
Haunting Spirit

Feanaro has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Feanaro
Silmaril

I think my name is self explanatory. Feanor is my favorite character, and I decided upon the literal version of Feanaro (Spirit of Fire) because it applies well enough to myself. In brief, I love Feanor's contribution to history: the crafting of the Silmarils, which set up the rebellion of the Noldor and the major wars of the first age, as well as the Feanorian script. He is named the greatest of the Noldor in the Silmarillion. He dared to defy the Valar, and was such a gifted speaker that he convinced a vast amount of the Noldor to join him on his war of vengence. Such was his wrath that he fought against a multitude of balrogs until being smitten finally by their lord Gothmog. Although considered an evil character by some, Feanor is undoubtedly my favorite persona in the books. That should well enough explain why I chose this name. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
'See half-brother! This is sharper than thy tongue. Try but once more to usurp my place and the love of my father, and maybe it will rid the Noldor of one who seeks to be the master of thralls.' -Feanor, threatening Fingolfin with his sword. ~Moderator of the Mordor RPG.~
Feanaro is offline   Reply With Quote