View Single Post
Old 07-19-2001, 07:44 AM   #69
Malagaerion
Pile O'Bones

Malagaerion has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newly Deceased
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: When did you read your first book?

Well lets see here...

I can't remember the exact year but it was sometime in the mid to late 70s. My mom came home with 'The Hobbit' and gave it to me to read. Even though I had never heard of this book, it didn't take much for me to pick it up and read it as I was already an avid reader and it had a picture of Smaug with the burning town below him on the cover. This edition was kind of geared for kids as the text was a little larger and it had several still photos from the cartoon version. I was so enthralled with the book I think I read it three or four times in a row! I read it several more times over the years and I still have this book even though its very tattered and worn.

A couple years later I discovered that Tolkien had written the LotR so I set off to the local library and read all three books in about a month. I also read these books over and over especially after I got my own books.

Only read the Silmarillion twice, and the second time I used the Atlas of Middle Earth as a companion book.

</p>
Malagaerion is offline   Reply With Quote