View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
Galadriel, I'm sure your parents would be understanding when it comes to the Professor.
O, I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry View Post
Totally understandable, reasonable, and commendable. But you know, you could always invite them along.
True say, but as I said before, they won't be very happy if I'd ask them to spend a day with Tolkien fans, even if they'd be with me. They'd probably think of it as a day wasted. And this is what I imagine happening:

Bethberry: Hi G55!
Me: Oh, hi Bethberry!
My mom: [my name], do you know her?
me: Ummmm....

Quote:
Very good arguments all. You have a knack for story telling. Have you ever tried RPGing here?
A HA HA HA HA!!! But thank you.

Quote:
PS. I know you're really going to spend Saturday afternoon malling at Square One.
Homework, more likely.

PS: I don't like malling.

PPS: I am not trying to make excuses. I really want to attend, but it just won't work out for me. As soon as I'm old enough for my parents not to enquire every time I leave the house, I'm gonna go to Tolkien meetings/moots/gatherings/whatever, and definitely to Reading Days!