View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #948
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Wynflaed

Wynflaed smiled indulgently at the holbytla's defense of... his idea? That would certainly explain why Saeryn had never brought it up to her before--and why she had looked at Falco so.

"Happy indeed are the holbytlan if they never need worry about those things which might pull man and wife apart. We of the Eorlingas are not always so lucky. It would, say, be unthinkable to follow your husband if he were sent to war and you had to stay, not only to manage the holdings but also to raise your children. For such," she added, "happened to me, during the War. In times of peace, mayhap the bonds of love have more merit than those of duty, but I fear it will be long ere the Riddermark reaches such a state.

"As for where Athanar and I hail from, we both have lived in Edoras for most of our lives, only leaving when service to the King calls us elsewhere, as now. If you travel here often I am sure you have seen Edoras for yourself. As for me, I have till now only seen your kind from afar, and know only of your people and your land by hearsay. And surely it is good to know of the character of the people to whom we all owe so great a debt. What of your kind, Master Falco? Do you truly dwell in the earth as the old tales tell?"