View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #32
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Well, the main thing that prevents him from coming out on Day 1 is the fact that the Forges will kill him during the night. Or, as Mith suggested, he could put himself up for killing that evening. But that would completely ruin the entirety of the game and I would be really cranky.
Well, and that's exactly what I am trying to prevent by asking about it... Because, even if the person does not want to reveal by himself, what if... let's put it this way: It is Day 1. (Or Day Anything, for that matter.) The village agrees that X is a Wolf and needs to be lynched. Basically everybody agrees on that there is something fishy about the fellow and votes start to fall. Half of the people has voted, our person X is in the lead and it does not seem like the votes are going to turn elsewhere anytime soon. However, unbeknownst to the village, person X is the King's Dwarf. Now what is the person going to do? If the situation looks really desperate? I think quite many people will be tempted (and under certain circumstances, it might be really the most reasonable thing to do, especially if there are only two other WWs left, the person can even very well win at that point) to just say "okay, I am probably going to die, but I will at least help the village. Okay, hear ye people, I am the King's Dwarf. Even if you now stop voting for me, I will likely die soon, but I can tell you that the Wolves are Y and Z." And what then? Will there be anything to prevent that?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote