View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #931
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Saeryn in the Kitchen at Scarburg

"Now that's what has me puzzled," Falco replied to Saeryn, using his pipe as a pointer. "You're no longer the Lady of Scarburg; this here Lady Wynflaed is that. And as you're Eodwine's wife, it seems to me your duty is with him, way over yonder in Minas Tirith. Now I could be wrong, and forgive me if there's something I don't see, but that's how it looks the way my eyes see it."

Saeryn was taken aback. She shut her mouth with a clamp and calmed the sudden and fierce feeling of resentment and anger that sprang up. He didn’t mean it, she told herself. He didn’t understand.

“It’s not easy not being with Eodwine, Falco,” she said softly. “But you forget that Lord Athanar and his family and the new lady just arrived two days ago. Before that, I was the lady of the hall. And even now, I am not at liberty to just up and leave. When the lady Wynflaed has gotten fully settled in, perhaps then I may leave. . .” her voice trailed off as the door opened and the very woman in question entered the room. Saeryn looked at her, and then turned again to Falco. “Until that time, I cannot go, and that’s all.”

Last edited by Folwren; 02-13-2011 at 09:16 AM.