View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #930
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thornden

Thornden strode back towards the stables, the two men behind him. He looked perfectly collected on the outside, but inside his heart was beating a little faster than normal as he prepared himself for upcoming encounter. He highly doubted Faramund would be pleased to see him, and he hoped rather fervently that nothing rash would be done…that he wouldn’t get killed, namely.

He stopped outside. “I don’t want you coming in. It looks too…belligerent.”

“But lord Athanar said-” Frumgard began, but Thornden cut him off.

“I know what lord Athanar said, but I also know what lord Faramund said and is thinking, and I really think it would be best if I went in alone.” The two soldiers looked at each other doubtfully. “Just – stay here and wait, will you? I will not be long, and if aught is said to you of disobeying, I will tell Athanar that I commanded it.”

“Very well,” Bettelhird grumbled.

Thornden nodded and then hurried into the stables. There were fewer men inside now as many had already gotten their horses outside. He hurried through, seeking for lord Faramund, hearing muttered comments behind him from what men were still there. Finally, he found him, waiting for his horse to be bridled.

“My lord Athanar sends me to give you word that he has no intention of taking anything that is yours away, and that his intention is not to threaten you, but he means to leave in peace. He awaits your word that you will not attack his men.”