View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #72
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

(Thinking out loud here....)

Are all the votes and results completely public on the Dead-Thread? In other words, we all cast votes in the open to give an extra vote as well as voting to discover a roll, and the roll is made public on the thread?

Because private voting is HUGELY different. If everything is public, then it is my opinion that the good side will take swift and total control of the Dead activities. They can coordinate their vote with the Seer dreams, making certain never to repeat anyone, meaning that essentially this village starting tomorrow will have TWO Seer dreams in every single cycle, and that there is no possible way for the Wolves to stop those dreams, and so long as Glorfindel or the Lovers survive for a bit the Living will have an absolute ton of information to work with.

Not to mention that the Dead can indirectly pass information to the Living. The rules say that the narration will reveal each person who receives the extra Dead vote that day. What if the Dead agreed to always give their extra vote to whichever person the Seer dreamed to be innocent!! If we agree to this, then we could pass every innocent dream from the dead Seer to the Living, and if the voting weight is repeated on the same person, that will be a sign that the dream from the previous night was a Wolf (or died), which also could help.

Also, plans could be made on the Dead Thread and passed up to the Living, such as, "Tell them that so-and-so is getting dreamed tonight when I dream, and if that person doesn't receive the extra vote the following day then they must be a Wolf." Are you following me with this, or am I completely off base and forgetting something obvious?