View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #63
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post

It won't be any help. They vote on the role reveals at night, anyway. If we lynch just one person today, they can start on night 3. If we do a double lynch, they still start on night 3, only there's one unknown more. We'd have to do a triple lynch today and it isn't worth it. Besides we won't get any information before one of the specials die, anyway. I think this plan smells of cobblery.

And because dead and living wolves can't communicate, I see no reason they should want one of them in Mandos. As if the dead were going to trust one another anyway.
Well, I'm glad you scrutinised my first suggestion better than I had done (it is indeed pretty useless), but I'm afraid it was made in good faith. I've never been a cobbler (at least, not officially), and don't really know how I'd handle the role (I feel it would irritate my pride)...I'd much rather be suspected of being a proper carnivore, much more exciting

I do feel you dismiss my second point too quickly though. A union of dead Elves who trusted each other with good reason could do the wolves real damage (as Gifteds who recognise each other have managed to do in the past). Cobblers are all very well, but they don't really know who they're helping; a wolf, especially if they were sacrificed in such a way that they looked very convincing, could do much more informed damage.

Then again, my kinsmen have probably been the most prone to wolf-hanging of all wolves, so perhaps I'm judging a less pathologically devious pack by my own standard...

I feel remarkably uncommitted in terms of real suspicion, and indeed sense that this feeling is general. I see I'm not alone in quite wanting to lynch Legate to make things a bit less hardline, but kicking him upstairs into Mandos won't do much good in that direction anyway.

I'm quite keen on finding out about the inside of Mandos, in fact; I'm struggling with the urge to volunteer myself for the 'great adventure'...never before have I felt so Elven. Voting for myself would be precisely the opposite of rationality (which I find appealing), while avoiding the exact Nilpaurion cliche because of our unique plight. But I will, at the moment, resist. I wouldn't want any of you to think I was a cobbler, or even a coward.