View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #693
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I don't like Boro's seer analysis that much. Too much rests on the premise that Shasta was 100% obvious in his hints, therefore if something is only 99% obvious, it's not a hint.
That's because I know how a Shasta-seer operates. He will always leave clues, but they would not be confusing. That is, he would not say "I feel good about Mac, but I hope I don't regret giving him a pass for sounding logical" if he had already dreamed you were innocent. If he dreamed you innocent, he would say something along the lines of how he defended Agan the entire game, or how he switched from heavily suspecting Legate, to "re-reading" him and finding him innocent.

Granted, the other time Shasta was the seer, as Agan said I was the cobbler. But nothing I said about how Shasta-seer would act was false. I just may have distorted and confused what he actually said to suit my cobbler-aims in that game.

So, now I wonder why all the hub-bub about he dreamed Manwe a wolf. I agree with Legate he wouldn't be so obvious as to move a dreamed wolf on red-alert. However, the situation yesterday was pretty dire, not must-lynch wolf mode, but with there still being 4 wolves, which means they would still get 2 kills. If he had dreamed of a Manwe wolf, I would think a Shasta-seer would convey this more clearly and finally put an end to the wolves double kills.

Instead, I think Shasta was acting more out of annoyance from starting to be suspected and in general how the game has gone. He wouldn't have sought to confuse, but I don't see why we should assume he dreamed of a wolf-Manwe simply because he started suspecting him.