View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #682
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Refresh my memory, folks. Has anything happened between Boro, Mac, Greenie & Mänwe that would prevent them from being wolves together? Suspicions too hot, that sort of thing? When Mac went after Boro the other Day, there was little chance of lynching Boro as Mac well knew. I can't recall anything else at the moment.
I have been thinking about Wolf-on-Wolf attempts which might have taken place during yesterDay, and I would not put it past Mac nor past his opponents.

Quote:
Anyway, I doubt very highly Shasta would have mixed together dreamed innocents with others in that "green" category, and it seems to be the best hint we have to go on. Greenie therefore earns baddie points by trying to cast doubt on it, especially since Agan could easily have been a dreamed "ordo" and actual cobbler at that point.
Now, now. I am not sure it was that much of casting doubt, not more than Agan herself did as well (about herself!). And generally, from her behavior, Greenie seems to me innocent-ish.

If I were to say the Wolves now, I would say: Mänwe, Mac, Cailín, possibly Wilwa or skip. I would bet rather safely at either of the former and with a questionmark on the latter two.

Quote:
The Mänwe business is simply not as clear, contrary to what Agan says: "would be the first..." sounds more like a plan to dream him rather than a reference to an already dreamed wolf, but a Mänwe wolf, in that case, could still have killed Shasta because of that.
If so, whom do you think Shasta would have dreamed about, if not Mänwe? But no, I think it is quite plausible that he dreamed of him, and his "announcement" of that he is going to look at him that Day was just a sort of screen against being suspected of being the Seer. Given that Shasta's tactic was obviously not speaking out "hi, I am the Seer, this and this is innocent, this and this is Wolf...", it would fit for him to try to make it appear as if he suddenly found Mänwe innocent only during analysis of him. He did the same with me, in fact, saying "okay, after rereading I don't find Legate so suspicious anymore". Yet of course nobody believes that it was rereading which made him think good of me.

Anyway, let me now vote

++Mänwe

I am going away now, I will be back before DL still I hope, but just in case...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote