View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #449
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
D4, 4998 Valian time

Eä Herald - Narvinyë 19, 7th age

For today’s human, the fact that the Maiar remained relatively sane during that period of almost three hundred years in the narrow and dark corridor with no knowledge of their future, sounds incredible. Maybe that is why they are Maiar and we are not. But from the next recordings one can actually find traces of what is nowadays called the “Stockholm syndrome”, the odd psychological phenomenon where a hostage starts to feel warmly towards his or her kidnapper. Is that something to do with mortality, the total loss of one’s control to another person, and what does that tell of things like love? That will be for the future psychologists to research on.

Anyway, Melkor was back after the imprisonment – and a few other tasks he had managed to undertake after getting free. But even if he had been away, he wasn’t overlooking the experiment. With the promised advent of the forefathers and –mothers of our humanity, it was clear he wished to get even more out of the experiment.

That is probably the reason why he introduced the new element into it, to the absolute horror of all still present Maiar. It is oftentimes said that Melkor’s twisting of the firstborn was the greatest evil he had done – and the one that made Eru Ilúvatar the most mad. But it is quite clear that turning the uncorrupted Maiar into kinslayers – inspired by the his corrupted elves even if it probably was – stands dark rivalling the worst of Morgoth’s cruelty.

But let’s now go and follow the final moments of the encounter between Melkor and his captives.

~*~

“So, you wanted to know about the outside world? Well, they destroyed this place – which is just good from the point of view of the experiment, as now no one knows you’re here as everyone thinks Utumno was totally demolished. I did serve some time in captivity but I used my time well. After I was released I managed to corrupt the most powerful Quendi who then rebelled against the Valar, and a great darkness has fallen upon Valinor with the destroying of those annoying trees, Telperion and Laurelin. Let’s say it’s like tit-for-tat. Although I think I’m leading in what comes to swaying the newcomers…”

Melkor laughed so that the walls shook.

“The most powerful Quendi have already taken part in a kinslaying – and my balrogs have killed the most powerful of them. Oh, the world out there abounds in lament, hate, sorrow, ire, death, revenge, mutilation, cruelty… What a wonderful world!”

After some ranting like that Melkor became finally a bit more serious.

“But now, I have a new plan for you, or it’s just a slight alteration if you wish to see it that way. From now on, you will need to kill those you pick by yourselves! For that my servant Sauron has brought you some utensils you can use in whichever way you wish…”

Melkor waved his hand and Sauron took a step forwards throwing a heap of weapons to the floor in front of the astonished Maiar. There were swords, halberds, spears, axes, knives, flails, maces, tongs, scissors, pikes…

“That should be enough for even a more demanding taste…” Melkor laughed.

“And to just encourage you to use them as well… have you seen what my loyal servants have done to two of you we sleeping? You haven’t have time? Well follow me then”

Melkor lead them deeper into the corridor where they finally found a hole on the floor of stone. It was filled with some dark liquid – and there was something in the liquid as well.

“That’s what my dear servants do to you during the Nights. So do not be too restrained to get rid of them. Else, that will be the destiny of each and every one of you.”

Melkor and Sauron turned to leave, but Sauron glanced back to the Maiar. “Well done lads, well done!”

The Maiar came closer to the hole and realized there were the remains of their two friends – soaked in their own blood. They recognized the pale skin of the Blind guardian and the garments of the gallant Eomer. Their bodies had been mutilated.

It was outrageous.

The living:

elronds_daughter - A spirit of no-nonsense
Macalaure - Carmótar, the Maia of housework
Shastanis Althreduin - A spirit of water
wilwarin538 - Belongs to Vána, cares for all the small garden dwelling, winged creatures
Nessa Telrunya - The patron of town criers across the world
Pitchwife - Tender of Oromë's dogs
Rikae - A spirit in charge of silicon & static electricity
Boromir88 - A Maia of Mandos, the interpretter of dreams
A Little Green - A spirit in charge of aliens, hummingbirds and farming
Skip Spence - A follower of Aule with an avid interest in behavioural sciences
Mänwe - A spirit of short acquintances
Legate of Amon Lanc - A Maia associated with the unfathomed depths of the world's seas but also with the waters surrounding Arda in the outer space...
Aganzir - Aka. Firebeck, a spirit of fire
Caílin - A spirit of secrecy

The dead:

Satansaloser2005 - (Innocent) A spirit of ducks, muffins and cookies; reduced to ashes and dust on D1.
Ozban – (Innocent) Yavanna's underling with inferiority complex. Caretaker of undergrowth and small bushes in general, especially blackberries; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Kath – (Innocent) A spirit of nostalgy; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Loslote - (Innocent) A spirit of sunshine and rainbows; melted down and turned into vapor on D2.
Kitanna - (Hunter) A spirit of all things unimaginative; committed a willful suicide on N3.
Thinlómien - (innocent) A maia who lives in Lórien and paints the dreams of those sleeping there; her destiny was buried with Utumno collapsing over her body on N3.
Valier - (Innocent) A handmaiden of Yavanna, collecting the morning dew from the petals of flowers; her destiny was buried with Utumno collapsing over her body on N3.
Inziladun - (Innocent) A vassal of Námo, serving as a warden in Mandos; cut in half and turned to stone by Sauron on D3.
Eomer of the Rohirrim – (Innocent) An associate of Ossë, speciality: lochs and ponds, great alliance with frogs; skinned, gutted and sank into his own blood on N4.
Blind Guardian –(Innocent) A spirit of evil ways; skinned, gutted and sank into her own blood on N4.

Day 4 has started.

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-09-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote