View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #407
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
skippity skip

DAY 1
Skip agrees with Boro that the wolves probably want to stay quiet early on. I don't think that's actually what Boro said: he seemed to be more of the opinion that the wolves don't want to bus each other early on. Skip however uses this as an excuse to consider voting for a quiet player - but expresses doubt because if the consensus is to vote off a non-contributor, the wolves can escape by being louder. Why is that a bad thing? A loud wolf is easier to catch than a quiet one and also leaves more trails.

He adds we should spread the votes unless there's a reason not to, and brings up the unfortunate Shastawagon (Shasta the seer was lynched in his absence by an exceptionally unanimous bandwagon).

He also agrees with Pitch, saying the cobbler's ability to send messages to the wolves will probably make her increasingly dangerous as the game progresses because they can identify each other more easily with the method of elimination. This comment makes me somewhat uneasy because he doesn't actually say anything new... It's more like talking about the cobbler just for the sake of it, not because he had anything new to say.

He then discusses the seer, saying she "should not be sacrificed lightly" and basically suggests the seer should wait with the reveal as long as possible ("I'd wait with the open reveal unless I faced the gallows"). He has a point, the only thing is it's reasonable for both a wolf and an innocent to suggest it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip #34
The Seer must however be very careful to not leave any false trails should he/she happen to get killed. If we lose the Seer and the trail points to an innocent, we're in big trouble.
This makes me raise my eyebrows. No, we're not in big trouble if the seer suspects someone she hasn't dreamed of - unless it happens very late in the game, but seers don't usually survive that long. It's essential for the seer's survival that she not leave too obvious clues, and it isn't in the village's interests to say she should. The one or two known innocents aren't worth much if the seer dies early on. Sally accused skip of trying to hush the seer instead of using her, and skip countered by saying sally was twisting his words (unintentionally or not).
In his defense, though, he has a bad past experience about lynching the seer.

He proceeds to give the second vote for sally: "Just got this icky feeling about her misrepresenting my words." Several people had expressed willingness to vote for her before, though. At that point Nessa was leading with 4 while Zil had 3 and Lottie & Pitch 2. Skip's guilt would point away from Nessa & Zil because if he had wanted to save one of them, it would've made more sense to vote for Lottie, or Pitch if he's innocent.

Sally was the only person he expressed suspicion towards on day 1. He named a couple of others but mostly just agreed with them instead of having an actual opinion on them. This, I think, isn't particularly wolfish (in my experience, wolves prefer to hoard a list of suspicious people they can attack later on if need me). It's rather his views on certain things (the seer, for instance) that worry me.

DAY 2
He explains he didn't see sally's cobbler idea when voting for her so my argument about wolves not wanting to vote for her because of it doesn't apply to him. He speculates on whether one of the most voted (Pitch, Lottie, Nessa, Inzil) might be a wolf and if yes, how would their fellows react. Skip thinks Nessa looks the worst but it's also possible she's being framed. Lottie's "over-the-top defence" of Ozban was suspicious. He criticises ed for saying Inzil doesn't remind her of his wolfish self but adds Inzil doesn't worry him much.

He thinks Pitch, Rikae and Mac make sense & seem helpful and therefore considers them innocent whereas Legate, Nessa and a quiet wolf hiding in the crowd are starting to worry him.

After Kit's reveal, skip says he doesn't like the idea of just lynching her. His reasoning is the following:
Quote:
Even though I think this statistically favours the village over the wolves (the latter lose their influence over the voting) it seems like a Day wasted and today's game ruined.
I agreed with him on not lynching Kit, but I find it more likely her lynch would've favoured the wolves - after all the odds of her hitting an innocent were higher, and the wolves don't really mind who dies as long as it isn't one of them. Therefore this argument sounds weird, even if innocentish. If skip turns out to be a wolf we should check Kitanna's suspects because in that case there probably is another wolf among them.

Skip then makes his fake hunter reveal. It was obviously a joke referring to his last game, but reactions to it are interesting as well. Rikae had posted shortly before it but gave no inclination of being around until later, therefore the people to comment on it were Inzil, Legate, me and Shasta. Shasta and I immediately pinned it as the joke it was, but Legate and Inzil seemed to think he was serious. I am 99% certain skip and Legate aren't fellows. As I said, it would have taken outstanding acting from Legate to react the way he did. He believed skip and started to discuss things from that perspective, and I can see no holes in his post that would indicate any extra knowledge.
Inzil's reaction is fishier than Legate's but not necessarily wolfish either:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil #232
Really, skip? So what does that mean: Kit's trying to get us to waste a lynch on her, instead of getting modfired? I'm not sure that I buy it. How about we lynch you, and you then hunt Kit? That would take care of the question.
I can understand his skepticism because skip's claim would have seemed outrageous if he had been serious, but it can also be seen as quickly distancing oneself from a fellow who has blundered. It doesn't make me suspect Inzil more (or less), but it makes me doubt they're a wolf & cobbler pair because if that was the case, Inzil probably wouldn't have questioned him the way he did.

As I said before, I don't think we can deduce anything from skip's hunter joke. I'm disinclined to think he wouldn't do it as a wolf because of the attention he might get because as everyone who played in his last game know, he's a bold player.

Later skip discussed the sallywagon shortly, saying he was a bit surprised by all the late votes for her but can't really accuse us who lynched her because he found her suspicious too, and that the reasons for lynching her weren't as bad as some people implied. Sally was voted by wilwa, skip, Lottie, Lommy & me - two of them dead innocents, two of them unknowns (to me). I find his comment innocentish. Wilwa voted for sally because of her cobbler idea, something I doubt a wolf would've done. If skip is a wolf, he would have been semi-defending at least three innocents, possibly four. It just doesn't pay off for a wolf. So if skip or wilwa is guilty, the other might be worth a look as well.

In the same post, he says Nessa seems sloppy but he'll give her the benefit of doubt for that day; Lottie worries him but he won't vote for her; Inzil's identity might shed on light on the day 1 voting; Legate seems genuine; and Boro seems off. He adds he feels pretty good about most of the loudmouths and might vote for a submarine because there probably is a wolf or two among them.
He votes for ed, saying it's a shot in the dark but he rather tries a submarine than a heavy contributor. If one of them is a wolf the other looks better because a couple of people had started suspecting ed and there was a chance she might receive more votes. When he voted, Rikae, Nessa & Kit already had a vote (he xed with Lottie's vote for Kit though).

Skip looks more innocent than I originally thought but I'm not sure I'd be ready to consider him innocent yet. I think his behaviour towards other players doesn't look very wolfish - he just doesn't seem particularly careful. On the other hand, some of the things he said don't sound innocent to me, but to be honest I suppose my growing WW enmity () towards him might be to blame for that.

The kills point towards him, but that was actually more likely than not given that about half the village expressed concern about him according to my notes.

I'm torn because my gut tells me to suspect skip but my reason not to.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-08-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: xed since my last
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote