View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Happy New Vailan Year to all of you!

Now mortality, that's something new and frightening. But even if the wicked Melkor was behind this as he claims, is he not also a mind-seed of the almighty and all-good Illuvatar, as we are also? And could not Melkor's deeds, evil though they may seem, be used as an instrument for the greater good by the One?

For the mortal beings must now fear the extermination of their being in Arda and that, my breathren, may be a gift for us shepherds of new life. For isn't the fear of seizing to exist among the coming mortal inhabitants of Arda a wonderful incitement for them to do what is right, to keep the peace, to acknowledge authority, to stay obedient to the One and his lieutenants? And isn't this "death" therefore a wonderful instrument for us shepherds to help and control the new mortal inhabitants? I think so.

But that this fate should be shared by us here who are of the Ainur, Arda's prime guardians and creators, we who were here before the physical world itself, is truly a horrific and blasphemous crime by Melkor the abhorred! Curse him until the end should it be true!

- - -

So, it's Day one and there will be little to go on as usual. I think Boro's got a point about the wolves trying to stay moderately quiet early on and my initial thought is to vote for one of the quiet players toDay. Then again, if that idea becomes commonly accepted, the wolves can easily escape by making some noice. Hm.

I do feel that we should have a mind to spread out the votes toDay though (unless there's an obvious reason not to). Last game I played, where Shasta-seer was lynched with a Day 1 bandwagon, was an experience I'd rather not have repeated. More can be learned if the voting is reasonably close, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
On the other hand, I see our Mod has seen fit to grant the cobbler a means to send secret messages to the wolves, so I don't know how much 'open' hinting we're going to see on the thread. Still worth keeping an eye open, to be sure.
It sure is. The added ability to send a message to the wolves will probably make the cobbler increasingly dangerous as the game progresses since it could make it easier for the wolves and the cobbler to identify each other by methods of elimination.

I should be in touch now for the next hours. My participation tomorrow will probably be more limited.