View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Unless, of course, we're content to remain a forum for the chosen few who will find their way here by themselves sooner or later... and I don't actually mean that ironically, or at least not wholly. Speaking from experience, back in the days when my old love for Tolkien was rekindled by the movies coming out and I was browsing Tolkien websites by the dozen, the Downs just stuck out as something special by themselves, without any need for rankings or advertising, and I bet it's still like that for the people who come here newly these days.
I've thought about this a bit recently and realised that on the whole, it seems that those that find the website on their own (and generally join to comment on something in books) tend to be the ones that stay the longest and most active.
That's not to say that we shouldn't try to bring more attention to the 'Downs if you want. It's just an observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I expect there'll be a rather large bump in membership when the Hobbit movie is released.
This is definitely the case.