View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #1286
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Pitchwife is right, Galadriel55. Just like he said, it was really well-created and in fact, at one point I felt almost sorry for answering it so early, but then on the other hand, you may find it as a positive sign that the reason why I came to answer it was because it caught my attention - because it was interesting. So I think you can take it positively I think riddles like this are nice to have around.

Here goes mine, then... I have found out that it is difficult to get back to the riddle-making business after a long time when I have not been doing it, but hope you are going to like it nevertheless

In twilight born my mother was,
her path did end by Western shores
after the mountains shook, before
the darkness came in times of yore
and after glory came the loss.

Close to the King was she of late,
but long before, in tide of fate
I have been thrown into the war
in blood I've seen the Dark One's fall
when Men of Light have earned his hate.

I've been a friend to all the guards
of light - of peace - till I betray'd
them in the vicious nightly raid
when fear was piercing all their hearts.

They came and went - I have remained.

Happy riddling!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote