View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #8
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't think Turin had too many real friends. He felt affection for Thingol and his elves (well, most of them), but only the girl who would watch him from treetops (I keep forgetting her name) actually meant something for him. Another friend of Turin's childhood was Labadach - Turin's affection for him certainly grew into a steadier bond than for others.
Beleg was always a true friend of Turin's, but their friendship didn't work the propper way. I think that if Turin wasn't so headstrong and would give in to Beleg once in a while, his end would be much less tragic. But Beleg always was the one to give in.
I would say that if Beleg's role was taken by Faramir, they'd become friends as well, and Faramir would do exactly what Beleg did. He probably would have tried to rescue Turin the same way Beleg did and be killed like that. The only real difference is that in my opinion, Faramir is slightly more skilled at "reading behind the lines" and understanding people than Beleg. aybe he could've found a way to convince Turin to return to Menegroth...