View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #213
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Glirdan: Day 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
First off, props to the Ranger! Great intuition on their part
Agreed. Well done, mate.

Quote:
With Shasta being the Seer, I have three possible scenarios running through my mind.

1) He dreamt of Pitch who is a Wolf.

2) His trust in Nerwen (which I had originally thought to be wolfish) could have been because he dreamt of her.

3) Lottie is a Wolf for having had no real suspicion of him in the first place.

Now, it is quite possible that two or all three of these scenarios is right, and it's even more probable that they're all wrong.

However, I am more inclined to believe that at least one of them is correct and that is that the second one.

That is all he ever had to say on the subject of Nerwen (which I do believe I mentioned in my vote post ). Why else bring it up?
Now, here he says he thinks Shasta dreamed of an innocent Nerwen, and not a Pitchwolf. On the last bit, he was saying that Shasta's precious few words about Nerwen didn't make sense unless he'd dreamed of her. Actually, there could have been other possibilities, a fact I brought up myself to him.
Now others, namely Legate, had also been pushing for the Nerwen stance, so I don't see why they'd have keyed on this.

Some of this next was a post count, which I edited out.

Quote:
He never had any real suspicion behind Pitch and never mentions Nerwen in any of his posts afterwards. I'm inclined to believe that, if there was hint, it was towards Nerwen. Shasta is no fool when it comes to this game and would be subtle about leaving his hints, and I think that's about as subtle as it comes. He didn't want to draw attention to Nerwen.

Here's a thought. Maybe it was Nerwen who the Ranger protected? The Wolves would be smart and go through the game thread and examine every last post and think of the possible meanings, especially after having Shasta revealed as the Seer. They already know that Nerwen is innocent, so why not tie up any loose threads and be done with her so that we couldn't have a known innocent? Maybe the Ranger also picked up on it and that's who he/she chose to protect?
This had to have been what sealed Glirdy's fate, since I don't think he posted anything else at all that Day. Since he's dead, it would seem the wolves found his description of the save accurate enough to believe he was the Ranger, as proved true.