View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #118
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Great thing, at least this! I must say the yesterDay's complete failure was not very much boosting the hope, but a Night-save is good. I think this had hindered the Wolves quite a lot. Either they have to go for the same person next Night, or just go for somebody else, risking that the same thing might happen again. Ha! I can only think of one downside for the lack of Night-kill: we cannot make any conclusions from it. But I think this is certainly better than a Night-kill: we have basically one Day more.

So about yesterDay... I am still disappointed that by the time the real conversation started, I wasn't able to be around very much, and unfortunately, it will be similar toDay (I will have to vote early - see the admin thread), though I hope that the discussion at least has already started yesterDay so now it will already be in flow while I am here...

The worst thing about the Seer-lynch yesterDay is that it was totally random (obviously, as half of village voted for him), so basically we don't even have any clear lead from the lynch. I think I should look at the voting tally, or somebody should make it (I think Glirdy made one yesterDay). If there are people I am suspicious about, they are especially among the "throwaway voters". Of course, once there was basically unisono lynch, there wasn't much of a thing to do even for an innocent who disagreed: you could either join the mob or just cast your vote elsewhere. From the top of my head, I must say that wilwa seemed okay to me from those people who voted randomly - she sounded genuinely frustrated, while Ozban sort of stood out as the negative example - he voted while there was no real chance of lynching me, and was doing it in the sort of "normal" way, as if his vote could still accomplish something, but most of all with the sort of "alibistic" style the Wolves sometimes have, saying "my hands are clean from the blood of this one". Boro could be either way. Eönwë, who appeared like few minutes before DL and started contemplating on whom to vote, might have been genuine - seems he had a lot to catch up with.

I think there definitely was at least one Wolf among the Shasta-voters, trying to hide in the crowd (unless it was even Lottie who started it, for example). I don't like especially Glirdan and Skip there, their votes are in the sort of convinient place: somewhere in the middle, neither initiators, but still not just the "whatever random last nails to the coffin at the time when it doesn't matter anymore". I have been somewhat suspicious of those two already yesterDay, skip at least was the kind of a person who seemed to echo a lot of thoughts others said without adding much of his own. There was something that unnerved me about Glirdy, but I have to re-read his posts again, especially what he had said about the Lottie-Shasta thing.

And I am also not quite comfortable with Nogrod's vote - in fact, like I said yesterDay, I am not entirely comfortable with him in general - he seems to me a bit more calculative than he usually is as an innocent. Like, when he said "I suspect Shasta, and although I don't like bandwaggons, I will vote him" - that sounded a bit fake. I would have expected the innocent Nogrod to be sort of more, hmm, self-reflective, like, to ask himself: "Oh really? Is it right that I suspect him if all the village wants to lynch him?" And not to just shrug it like this. I would like to take a look at when he first started to suspect Shasta...

Okay, so now on to do it And on to see if people post...

EDIT: x-ed with people. But if people post something, I meant...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote