View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #114
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Night2 falls

So they sat down and talked and accusations slowly gathered speed, until when the hint of light grew almost undectable half of the Elves were convinced Shastanis, one of the hunters, was evil.

"He is a strange guy," Loslote said in a quiet voice.
"Yes, just keeps to himself," echoed Inziladun.
"Poor boy! It must be his lack of parents and proper upringing that made him like that," speculated Glirdan.
"It's not the lack of parents that makes him disturbing," said Pitch. "It's the snake."
"Yes," said Green decisively. Which such a likeness to an opossum, she was secretly afraid Shastanis's pet snake might eat her.
"So we shall kill him to save ourselves and his soul," Nogrod concluded solemnly.

Upon hearing his doom, Shastanis stood up quietly. He knew there was no changing the opinion of his companions, yet he wondered...

"I believe you are making a grave mistake," he said quietly. "You can still stop this folly."
"No one can stop this folly," Wilwarin said. "I wish I was safely in the Halls of Mandos..."
"That's where he shall be soon!" the girl Loslote cried out and everybody turned to her. She said: "There is a crack on the floor next to the place I sleep. I do not know how deep it is, but it is deep. Let us cast him there."
"Yes," confirmed Inziladun, and that was all that was needed for Glirdan and Skip to grasp Shastanis and lead him to the direction Loslote was pointing to.

"Please, let me have my last word to you, my friends..." Shastanis said, but Pitch covered his mouth with his hand. "Enough of these evil words, let him be silenced for ever."
Shastanis tried to fight, but Glirdan and Skip held onto him and dragged him to the edge of the crack, the pit in a pit.
The small green snake, hiding until now, darted out from the layers of Shastanis's folded hood, but even quicker than it, the veteran hunter Green snatched it and broke its neck. "Done with the devil," she muttered.
Shastanis let out a wail that was barely muffled by Pitch's hand.
"Let Mandos judge you fairly," Nogrod said. "Namárië."
And with those words Glirdan and Skip pushed Shastanis to the pit.

He screamed, and then there was sickening thump.

"I think he's dead," Ozban said quietly.

Just at the same moment, they heard a few broken notes echoing from the pit. With sickening hearts, they recalled they had heard the tune before, last night and it had brought a little comfort to their nightmare-ridden sleep. Now it was fading away.

"I... I am sorry... so sorry I failed you..." they heard Shastanis's voice echo from the bottom of the pit. Every syllable was an effort for the dying man. "I... I was meaning to tell you that... that last night... I discovered... in a dream... that..."

There was a silence.

"That what?" Boromir shouted.

Only the dulled echo of his words answered. The dreamer of dreams once know as the Seer was gone.

~*~

Night2 has started. Wolves, feel free to start PMing and you and the remaining gifteds may send your picks. Everybody shush up on the thread until dawn!

The Dead
Thinlómien (mod) - murdered in cold blood on Night1
Shastanis (seer) - cast to the pit in the pit on Day1

The Living
Green - veteran hunter with a striking resemblance to an opossum
Boromir - incompetent gatewarden
Eönwë - hunter
Glirdan - local batty scholar
Inziladun - weaponsmith
Legate - jeweller with an affinity to the colour white
Loslote - young tag-along girl with frizzy hair
Nerwen - young and impatient hunter who makes animal statues of wood and likes the colour green
Nogrod - narcoleptic master-hunter
Ozban - young and naive hunter and admirer of Finrod Felagund
Pitch - furrier
Skip - an admirer of Finduilas's
Wilwarin - hunter
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote