View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #87
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Wow, I had forgotten Lottie actually voted for him. Well, that does make them being fellows a bit more improbable. Potentially sacrificing a fellow on Day 1 just like that would seem really stupid - the gain is not worth the risk. Especially seeing as Shasta wasn't really suspected at all until Lottie brought it up.. Everything's possible, for sure, but some scenarios are highly improbable compared to others.
As stupid as it would be (and I totally agree that the scenario I'm about to throw out there is highly unlikely at this stage in the game, but not unheard of), it is possible that they are doing just that.

A Lottiewolf and Shastawolf would be bold enough to throw one or the other under the bus on Day 1 if it actually came down to saving their own skin. I've been a victim of that before myself.

However, as I said, the possibility and likelihood of that being the actual case is rather slim.

I am still inclined, however, to believe that at least one of the two is a Wolf.

At this point, I am more inclined to believe it to be Shasta.

When Lottie started accusing him, he became rather defensive, but it did not seem like an innocent trying to save himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Lottie - That's silly. I clarified a rule for Wilwa. What about that should be worrying? I'll give you a hint - the answer's 'nothing'. And as for being 'nonconfrontational' - I was the first to evidence actual suspicion of a specific person (Pitch, to be precise), so I don't really know where you're getting 'nonconfrontational' from.
It seems a little too aggressive to be an innocent trying to save himself.

Here are the next three post exchanges between him and Lottie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Like I said, it's early in Day 1, and I'm probably wrong anyway. Total gut feeling, and I was trying to describe why...I'm hardly saying you're without question evil, just that you're my top (and only, really) suspect. As for your response, it sounds like the Wolf!Shastas I've seen before - really aggressive. As for the suspicion, you included a with it, so I didn't really pay much attention to that.

Repeat: Not solid proof that you're evil. Not even close. Complete gut feeling - but I don't trust you.
Quote:
Fair enough, but you don't get to call me 'nonconfrontational' in one breath and then 'aggressive' in the next. It doesn't work like that.

In any case, I'm least okay with Pitch at the moment and most okay with Nerwen (mostly for her views on the cobbler). I'm going to try and sleep now - although I don't hold out too much hope considering the dark dankness of this cell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Aggressively nonconfrontational? You don't think so?

Actually, I meant to call your response post aggressive, and the posts before that nonconfrontational. Sort of careful, then switch to defensively aggressive, that sort of thing...
Lottie also brings up the fact that he is being aggressive in his response.

Also, his accusation of Pitch at first is very playful banter.

Quote:
In other news, I'm finding something slightly off about Pitch. He's only made one post thus far, but as I read it there were points at which I felt he was being awfully... well, the pun is inevitable... agreeable.
Later, when he mentions his suspicions of Pitch again, he says:

Quote:
In any case, I'm least okay with Pitch at the moment and most okay with Nerwen (mostly for her views on the cobbler). I'm going to try and sleep now - although I don't hold out too much hope considering the dark dankness of this cell.
There is no actual reasoning behind it and is okay with Nerwen (hmmmm....perhaps we've been barking up the wrong tree on who his fellow co-hort could be?)

He's gone (due to sleeping) for a few hours and when he comes back, all he has is this:

Quote:
Not really liking Greenie at the moment - mostly for saying Lottie 'feels genuine' when I already pointed out her reasons for suspecting me are bunk.

Note - I'm fairly sure I'm going to have to vote in about three hours, and I won't be here for much of that time.
Nothing mentioning Pitch whatsoever.

Disappears again (although gave us the note saying he would be gone for most of it) and when he comes back he FINALLY gives some reasoning of suspecting Pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Indeed, I marvel at your audacity in suggesting such a thing, Master Nogrod. Holy Elbereth, there are ladies among us, and one of them a young maiden! Have you no decency?

Flattery will get you nowhere.

As for the matter of fake reveals which you broach there, I have yet to witness such an attempt being made successfully, but historical chronicles do mention precedences. Now as you are no doubt aware, the best way for such a fake claimant to fool us would be to sacrifice a real wolf in order to gain our trust, and the cobbler is in no position to do that, even if they were willing to, being as much in the dark as to the wolves' identity as we are. They might, of course, get a wolf lynched by mistake, deeming said wolf innocent, but then that would ill save the evil side. Therefore I don't think the danger of a cobbler fake-revealing very high, considering all sides. A wolf doing it, however, would be quite a different matter, as they could use their knowledge of who is furry and who isn't to lend credibility to their pretended dreams.

On the other hand, the cobbler, or a wolf, might still risk it in the hope to thus draw out the true Seer for the wolves to kill, as you seem to be considering here:

This is a two-edged blade. A false claim that is uncontested for too long and not disproven by mislynchings might be believed over a delayed counter-reveal... I think there are precedences to that in the histories, too. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, and in the meantime I trust in the wisdom of our
Seer to handle these matters without our prompting.

(x-ed with Zil and Nogrod)
Here you are, Pitch. Bolding mine. I've noticed several other points ("Thanks for the advice" sticks out most noticably) as I've read the Day, as well.

I have to vote in a few minutes. I'd prefer not to turn this into Shasta vs. Lottie, but I will if I have to.
All of that was Pitch's first post of the Day, most of which seems like IC banter. Seems to me like a Shastawolf trying to latch onto an easy prey.

And then his vote:

Quote:
++Pitch

I don't like Lottie's contrived reasons to vote for me, but she more often contrives reasons to vote when she's innocent, so I'll leave her alone today. Pitch sticks out as more suspicious to me today - agreeable, doesn't touch on more than the obvious topic of the cobbler, etc.

Choose well, village.
He is voting based purely off Pitch's first post without taking the time to actually go through the other posts and seeing what else Pitch had posted.

So, without further ado, I know who I am voting for:

++Shasta

I will be around till the end of Day.

EDIT X'ed with everyone since end of Page 2