View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #388
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
because I was hoping to be night-killed!
I call bulls- er, elf-dooky.

Quote:
You cannot justify your claim by saying, "There've been counters in other games!" This is me, in this game, with these people, at this precise moment. With me, in this village, at that time, there was not going to be a counter-reveal. End of story. I can't believe I'm even having to explain it.
This is entirely contradictory to your previous actions. You were all too happy to point out earlier that I agreed with you about Day 1s in a previous game, so why you're suddenly so gung-ho about previous games not mattering is beyond me. Phantom, I think your entire problem is that you assume everybody is a clone of you and thinks the way you think.

Quote:
It's only "normal and logical" in the sense that you are curious and want to know.
Incorrect. It is normal and logical that you are being questioned as a player, by another player, about your actions. It seems to me (and I think I've said this before) that everytime someone dares to question the great Phantom, you go into a frenzy of "you're an idiot if you question me"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Lottie's wolvery is not such a big surprise either, and now if you ask me, I think that makes sally rather innocent.
Why do you think this, Legate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Yes the Phantoms actions are often weird and sometimes makes you want to crush your own skull with a sledgehammer, but that is just something you have to get used to. Personally I do not believe half his tales about how cunning he is, but I don't find him overly suspicious and I definitely do not see it as being beneficial to spend the entire day fighting him.
I disagree with this wholly and completely. the phantom should not be getting a pass for being the phantom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa, re: unknown orc
The third one is actually not a possibility, since the Unknown Orc only chose their side this past Night.
Incorrect. Just because the OoUA only made their alignment choice this past night, it doesn't follow that they hadn't already made their decision regarding what they were going to choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
And I actually think that Lottie turning up guilty does make Sally look a bit better
Why do you think this, Wilwa? You're the second person now that's thought this and haven't given any reason for thinking so. I see you actually answered this in #366, though. However, all I've seen you say here is a lot of 'would-he-wouldn't-he', so I'm not really buying into it. Plus you seem to be wishy-washy on Sally here. "I don't feel fantastic about her BUT I would be surprised", etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl of the moon
If I keep poking at him, it's because he keeps thrashing madly when poked at– which naturally makes me wonder. I do not think it "makes more sense as an innocent bluff"– I've said why.
I agree with this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Remember, the post where I said "I was ill but we got a wolf, yay!"? That one? How is that suspicious exactly?
If you really want me to dissect it for you... Let me finish this post.

Quote:
Babe, you're not making sense. I understand your piece about Phantom, and agree with it actually, though that's just sort of who he is, but to say that you'd rather I was lynched than Lottie? You would have learned nothing. Well, you would have, in that an innocent would have been lynched and, when Lottie did get lynched and was proven guilty, you would have had a lot to look at in regards to the first Day. But saying "I wish we hadn't Fenris'd someone" is never okay to say. Never. Sure, say "We should lynch Sally and see what happens and what we can learn with both of them dead" but you can't say you'd rather I was dead than a proven elf. I can't understand why you would say this unless you were one too. Sorry, kid, but it's true.
Elfy, elfy, elfy! You're completely misrepresenting me here - I said "would have", past tense, so the fact that you're suspecting me for allegedly saying "I wish we'd lynched Sally rather than Lottie" goes flying out the window right there. This looks a lot like the chainsawing phantom did earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by she for whom the sun doth shine
It could be that they had a plan to vote phantom into power, either because he's one of them, or because they thought they could manipulate and perhaps frame him, but that Lottie jumped the gun instead of leaving a decent interval before voting. It could be that there was no plan, but that Lottie decided to vote along with her mate anyway, because it was all a light-hearted early-Day-One party atmosphere and could be passed off as a joke.
I think the second is more likely than the first, to be honest. I think Lottie's probably smarter than to make such a mistake. The second scenario, however, seems likely to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a run
Er– hang on. I thought he meant, "YesterDay I would have rather Sally had been lynched", not "I now wish Lottie hadn't been lynched". You reckon that's what he meant?
*falls into a cloud of utter bliss*

Quote:
I think he meant a bit of both, at least subconsciously? I think he means that yesterDay he would have preferred to see me lynched, and he still feels that way toDay. More of a preference to having me dead than an outright attitude of "I wish Lottie was still alive", but the undertones -subtext, for Shasta's enjoyment- still remain the same. He wasn't happy with yesterDay's lynch, and that makes me nervous.
*buzzer sound* Eeeeeghhh, wrong, and now you're just trying to paint me in a bad light to save your own skin. It's pretty clear that I was after both you and Lottie to be executed yesterday - I wanted you over Lottie since she had subsequently defended herself and you had not (to my satisfaction).

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprietess of my heart's inn
Funny thing is, though– phantom himself says earlier that he would never do that.
You see, he argues that it's in his favour, too, but for the exact opposite reason.
No fair. I was going to point this out. .

I'm sure I'm Celuien-ing with a host, aren't I.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote