View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #335
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Now, I thought Boro might be an Elf, up until he died– but you thought he was the Unknown Orc, phantom? Why?
Heh heh, no, I just hoped given the time of day he'd be around after I was done rereading, as I wished to start a bit of back-and-forth with him to get a feel for him, as on the first day I thought he was extremely weird and I couldn't get a handle on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Because his reveal was obviously fake, for the reasons you've just stated. (Come on, did anyone read that yesterDay and say: "ZOMG! He was the Seer all along!") Whereas Izzy must have looked pretty Seer-ish. No, I don't find tp's continued existence at all strange.

I'd like an explanation from him though– it seemed completely pointless.
Well, naturally my explanation depends completely on who I am. If I'm the Seer, then I'm flippin daring and, depending upon how long I survive, stupid or brilliant. If I'm an Orc then I still gave the SoE something to think about, as you can't dismiss someone like me pulling an obvious double-bluff. If I made them spend even 10 minutes extra on my posts, that's 10 minutes they weren't spending doing better things. If they're busy in RL then that 10 minutes could've been very valuable.

And honestly I think it may have paid off either way. If I'm the Seer then obviously it worked. If I'm not the Seer then I think I may have wasted some of the time they spent on deciding their kill, as Izzy was not definitively on board the Lottie-train so much as she was just the one who cast the final vote for her. I mean, what are the odds that Izzy would have happened to dream of the exact SoE who just happened to be on the chopping block at the end? No, no, there were other targets to go after besides Izzy.