View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #99
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

As far as the Emperor's cat comment, I think it was a reference to me generally disliking cats and being allergic to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Would like to know what's in it for me if vote phantom for rep.
Um... Let's see here... How about this? I shall purchase a Dallas Cowboys shirt and make a regular habit of going to Wild Wings during their games and loudly supporting them. Oh, and have I mentioned how pretty you are?

Greenie, in response to post #93-
No, no, by all means, give it an effort. My cynicism is not meant to discourage effort. Rather I'm saying it's not proper to be too upset with those that try something a bit different on the first day, as that is exactly the time to do so. It serves a purpose and may turn out being a better vote than many cast at the deadline.

By in large I'm saying that jumping on Sally and Lottie for their votes is far too easy, and ignoring the time in the game at which we stand and the various strategies that are viable at this stage. As someone else agreed with me earlier, it actually would not be a disaster to vote incorrectly at this point anyway, so it doesn't matter at all that the girls didn't have suspicions when they voted. Not to mention that suspicions will be weakest at this point anyway even were they allowed time to form. Also how would early suspicions form without early action provided by the votes that people are criticizing? No, votes aren't the only source of suspicion, but the other sources draw directly from votes (reactions to votes), and so votes can be said to be the ultimate source for nearly everything since much discussion is about votes. And then of course the late-day suspicions of "responsible" voters could well prove wrong (they're likely to in fact), so really what's the difference?

People are making far too big a deal about something that isn't bad at all when you place it correctly in context.

Anyway- I'm off for a bit.

Last edited by the phantom; 09-15-2010 at 02:28 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote