View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #60
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am actually surprised with the really strong reaction of Lommy's to the phantom-business, while I agree, it's a bit scary the way she reacts so strongly. But at least it seems to have an intimidating effect and people realised (if they didn't do so by themselves) what power do the votes hold - basically what I said.

I must thank to Rune for finding enough energy to read my post and at the same time find it "not complete trash" Although I should remark that the "buttering up" of mine and especially Lommie's posting made me worried a little bit (I am thinking of the general wolf strategy of "buddying up" with somebody, which especially in the representative-game can also have other effects, like getting people to vote for you as the representative. I think actually that is an issue we should keep an eye out for in this game as well, for that matter, the thing about sally and Lottie possibly also "buddying" phantom in this way holds too). That said, I do not consider it any obvious sign of guilt or anything like that, but at least it looked a little attention-rising to me now (with the sort of enthusiasm Rune had, unusual, seemed to me).

I could also remark that I find it funny, though, how since several of the posts which pointed out the danger of having all votes for phantom, and especially after Lommy's rather strongly frustrated post, the "public thinking" sort of shifted towards the same paradigm of echoing it - like Inzil or Glirdan (and even Rune, with what I mentioned above). Since it became a "fashion", I expect that now it is easier for the SoE to join this "fashion", and not support phantom any more. Which means, I am also watching those I mentioned above - mainly the first two, with Zil being a bit casual, which might have been just joining the flow, and Glirdy being a bit laid-back, which might have been so as not to be in the centre of attention but still agree with the majority.

Anyway, still there is a horde of people to see, so... looking forward to more.

EDIT: x-posted with Nogrod and onwards...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote