View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #13
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
They should just sack Ian McKellen and use that replacement wizard from Harry Potter, what's his name, Micheal Gambon? Hey, he's already replaced Richard Harris, so what's another white-bearded, muttering wizard, more or less.

The movie will be a travesty anyway.
Well, let's hope not.

However, aside from money and personality clashes, etc. there is a fundamental problem with doing the The Hobbit as (to quote the article) "the newest installation of Lord of the Rings". Really, they can either make it fit the tone of the existing films OR do a faithful adaptation. Not both. Either way, a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

Now what it seems we're going to get is another "kidult" adaptation, and the trouble is, I think that particular fashion is likely to play itself out long before the "The Hobbit" gets released. On the other hand, if they were to do it as a children's film– well, can you imagine the reaction from the movies' existing fanbase?

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, maybe the underlying reason for all these delays and shenanigans is that the filmmakers are finding themselves in a bit of a double-bind. It's just a thought.