View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #58
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
I understand your point, but no. People cannot play any way they wish, and they are not free to choose any side they wish. Deciding to act in a way that is against affiliation throws off the balance of the game that the Mod crafted via role assignments, not to mention it is no more proper to strip away small wins than it is to strip away overall wins. What I mean by that- let's say in a game of dueling wizards the Evil Wizard converts a player that used to be the Good Ranger, and the former Ranger knows the identity of the Seer and Hunter. I'm sorry, but that player despite any lingering feelings of affiliation must act in such a way that is true to his new role as a Wolf, which means he must completely switch sides and spill his guts to the Evil Wizard and rat out his former team mates.
Tp, playing against one's team carries an in-built penalty already: you're liable to lose. It's covered by the general "play-to-win" principle of any competitive game. I mean, if you really want, we can have a rule that says, "Don't try to lose on purpose" or something, but I think that's going into Captain Obvious territory.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-07-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote