View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #905
Ibrīnišilpathānezel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Finns, Diamond, Oddwen, and Joe (sorry, Joe, I didn't catch your Downer name! The curse of bad hearing, alas ) were gathered here in Wisconsin last night, a little tired but in good spirits. Nogrod and Company made it through Chicago without any real problems, and I give them credit for braving the Windy City in the midafternoon --not my cup of tea at all. We don't have any spectacular sights like Niagara to offer, but sometimes a good night's sleep is better than sight-seeing. Which happens with old fogies like me and my husband. They were all on their way to a picnic lunch before noon today -- wish I could've gone, but a thrice delayed appointment will not allow it. It was a true delight meeting my first Downers in the undead flesh, and I hope the rest of the Finns' long trip is spectacular. Hmm, if they'd been here on Monday, we could've shown them a real Midwest tornado, but they got to see a lot of the downed and snapped and uprooted trees. A lot like the ruin of Isengard, I'm sad to say.