View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #81
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I feel like Tolkien and allegory, it's a good story folks...laugh!
It really was a good story.

Ack, I have to cast my vote now unfortunately because of my horrendous work schedule today.

I haven't been able to go into detail on all of the posts since my last, but I'll try to make a few hurried comments before returning to work.

Suspicions:
Boro- reaction to the whole hint thing seemed strange to me (I'll try to explain below)
Loslote: the whole hinting thing

1) I understand Boro's unhappiness with having his words picked apart, but seeing as he's such an accomplished player his posts (along with others who fit this category, Nogrod comes to mind) will be picked apart because he's been tricky in the past. However, he should know this is how it works and not get so up in arms about it.
2) Sally's monster post broke things down, but didn't actually provide a whole lot of commentary. Fairly typical behavior, but can't say I agree with this seeing as it could be a possible hiding tactic.
3) Glirdan was the first to say Boro is a hinting baddie. However, looking at the context of the post it's mostly a joke. Loslote jumping onto that and making it something has both a good and a bad side. The good side is it has stirred up conversation, the bad side is that she latched on to that particular idea in a somewhat serious manner. Nerwen does the same sort of thing.
4) I'd like to see Durelin explain her groupings:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Wolves - Round 1

Nogrod
Loslote

Wolves - Round 2

Glirdan
Kitanna
5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
About wilwa - this "we've got loads of time and no reason to worry" attitude is something I'd usually overlook (as in not notice), especially as she's so reasonable otherwise. But you're right, it's not exactly conducive to catching wolves.
Interesting point and I had actually overlooked Wilwa's post about that. But the part about it not being conducive to catching wolves can also go along with those who are back and forth on Boro's "hinting" issue.

I apologize for this rushed post, but...

++ Loslote

As I said above she took hold of the hinting idea that Glirdan appears to have put forth as a joke. This did stir up conversation, but at the same time Loslote didn't commit to the idea one way or the other. This sort of vague, flip-flipping is an easy way to hide a baddie on Day 1.