View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #203
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Night One

“I’ve come home to find you waiting?”

Thriller shrugged. “These things do happen,” she said simply.

“Never depressed for a dramatical entrance,” Chiller added with a roll of its eyes.

Killer looked at them all expectantly. “My friends?”

Diller grinned. “A heinous crime, a show of force.” It paused. “A murder would be nice of course.”

The others nodded and Killer smiled, showing Chiller and Diller a small photograph. Thriller didn’t get a chance to see it, instead looking down to answer her phone. The others ignored her and began to discuss plans. Finally Killer borrowed her phone, blocked her number, and typed a text, taking special care to remove the ‘Miss Mira’ signature as it sent the message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elsewhere Nienna was watching a movie. Her phone beeped and she looked down.

“Splendors you never have dreamed all your days will be yours.”

Nienna frowned and showed the rest of the text to the person sitting beside her. “It’s your birthday soon,” she suggested with a shrug. “Maybe it’s Lari or Shasta and they’re using someone else’s phone. I’ll check it out and talk to you later.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nienna walked into the deserted warehouse, pulling out her phone to see in the dark. There was nothing in the building but dust and a few cockroaches that looked very upset at having their darkness disturbed. “Hello?” Nienna called. “Is anyone in here?”

Mira dashed in and grabbed Nienna’s arm, pulling her toward the door.

“What the- let me go! Mira, what are you doing?”

“I can’t go back there,” Mira hissed. Nienna started to say something but Mira glared at her. “His eyes will find us there,” she mumbled cryptically, tugging on Nienna’s arm again. They had made it halfway down the deserted hallway when three strange figures appeared before them. Mira stopped in her tracks, quickly letting go of Nienna’s arm. “I can’t escape,” Mira said under her breath. “I never will.” Mira fell in line beside them, her hands shaking.

Killer stared at Nienna and sighed in disgust. “We’ll take the customers that we can get,” it said with a shrug, and smiled at its compatriots.

Mira just shook her head and finally stepped toward her. “We have all been blind,” she said, putting herself between the others and Nienna.

Nienna swallowed. “Mira, what’s going on?”

“Everybody get down now,” Chiller said. “Stand up, don’t be shy.”

Mira?” Nienna’s mouth dropped open as she saw Mira pull up her sweater to reveal a bit of sparkling fabric. Mira looked utterly miserable, while her three companions looked gleeful, all of them wearing matching jumpsuits and covered in strange fur. “Mira, what’s going on?”

“These are my friends,” said Killer. “See how they glisten. See this one shine, how he smiles in the light. My friend?”

“Tonight I set the stage,” Chiller continued when Mira remained silent. It glanced at her and sighed. “Bloodbath,” it said flatly. “It’s going to be a bloodbath.”

“But I didn’t do anything,” Nienna persisted. “Why did you trick me? Mira?”

They looked at Mira strangely and she turned to Nienna. “Can you even bear to look at me?”

Chiller slapped Mira across the face and glared at her. “Remember who you are,” it cautioned.

“Gossip’s worth its weight in gold,” Mira said, turning toward Chiller and Killer. She pointed to Nienna, stepping away from them further. “Am I to risk my life to win the chance to live?”

Finally Killer stepped up to the both of them. “We all deserve to die,” it said, and thrust one of its claws into Nienna’s chest, blood beginning to pour from her almost immediately. It pulled a shot glass from its pocket, ignoring the looks from the others. “The work waits,” it said with a shrug. It smiled. “Seems an awful waste.”

Diller reached into its own pocket and produced a large bottle of vodka. “It’s not a perfect metaphor,” it admitted, grinning as it looked at Nienna, but handed the bottle to Mira anyway.

Mira stared at them all in shock. “If I agree, what horrors wait for me?”

Mira....” Nienna fell to the ground and Mira knelt beside her. “Mira, help me....”

Instead Mira sighed. “Let me see it,” she said, gesturing toward Nienna’s chest. When Nienna pulled her hand away Mira sighed and held the shot glass up to it, waiting for it to be partly full before she pulled it away.

An hour later Mira was standing between Killer and Diller; the bottle nearly empty and her hands shaking every time she bent beside Nienna’s body.

The others watched but after a while Mira couldn’t get back up any more so Chiller took to refilling her glass for her. “It’s a thankless job, but somebody’s got to do it,” it said. Mira just glared at it. “You can never trust a monster,” it admitted, and handed her the glass.

“Think of me fondly?” Mira asked quietly. She gulped down another shot glass full of dark liquid and stumbled. She pointed to her face and smiled sadly. “This mask of death?”

“You break my friggin’ heart,” said Chiller, and turned away. The others glanced at each other then shrugged and followed Chiller out into the night.

Mira sobbed and fell to the ground beside Nienna’s corpse, watching as her old friends walked away from her. “It’s over now, the music of the night,” she whispered.

Nienna sat up suddenly, causing Mira to slide away. “No good deed goes unpunished,” she murmured, then she pulled a lighter out of her pocket, turned it on, and threw it into Mira’s hair. Mira screamed and the rest of the building began to burn as Nienna finally passed out.

Outside Killer, Diller, and Chiller watched the structure collapse. Diller giggled, doing a little dance of his own. “Smells like cumin,” he said brightly.

“Rest now my friends,” said Killer, and his two remaining companions smiled darkly at each other as they went their separate ways for the Night. As Killer walked away he frowned. “I think we shall not meet again,” he murmured, and stormed off into the night.

The Dead
Shasta, his last moment made last on Night Zero (Co-Mod)
Alona, died of a broken (well, eaten) heart on Night Zero (Vote Count Girl/Co-Co-Mod)
Phantom, went out of his British mind (and then his regular one) on Night Zero (Heckler/General Trouble Maker)
Sally, didn’t dance and died on Night Zero (High Moddess)
Gwath, was brick walled on Day One (ordo)
Nienna, brought the house down on Night One (Hunter)
Mira, died of blood alcohol poisoning on Night One (Thriller)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-11-2010 at 09:00 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote